



North Sonoma Valley Municipal Advisory Council

NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING AND AGENDA

In Person Meeting: Mayflower Hall

5311 O'Donnell Ln, Glen Ellen, CA 95442

June 18, 2024

5:30 PM



Contact: Hannah Whitman, Board Aide for Supervisor Susan Gorin – hannah.whitman@sonoma-county.org

As of March 1, 2023, the Governor has rescinded the Emergency Proclamation related to the COVID-19 pandemic. **With this rescission, all Boards, Councils, and Commissions following the Brown Act must return to meeting in person** with some limited exceptions for individual appointed and elected officials on a case-by-case basis.

Remote participation by the public may continue if there are sufficient staff resources to allow this option. For the June 18 meeting of the North Sonoma Valley Municipal Advisory Council, we will be offering a hybrid option for the public to view the meeting and make public comment. Please note this is a new development and we have limited staff resources, so this option is subject to technical difficulties.

Zoom Conference Meeting

<https://sonomacounty.zoom.us/j/92685987142?pwd=VUFtb3lzMUU5QjVlcUFxZ1ZXRVV4QT09>

Passcode: 517382

Meeting ID: 926 8598 7142

Dial by your location: +1 (669) 900-9128 US (San Jose)

Due to the potential for technical difficulties, it is recommended that members of the public who wish to address the commission consider attending in person, or submitting comments in advance via e-mail to Hannah Whitman, Board Aide for Supervisor Susan Gorin, at hannah.whitman@sonoma-county.org

1. Call to Order, Pledge of Allegiance, Roll Call

Start: 5:31pm

Eagles: Good evening, welcome. Call to order. Pledge, land acknowledgement, roll.

Galindo: We acknowledge that the citizens and community served by the NSV MAC, occupy the unseeded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok, closely related to neighboring indigenous peoples: Pomo, Wapo, and others. Asking forgiveness for past transgressions they and their ancestors experienced, we humbly invite them to join us in person or in spirit as we give gratitude for their ongoing stewardship of this place since time in memorial. Recognizing how much we benefit from their continuing presence as culture keepers and teachers, we commit ourselves to building positive and lasting relationships with our local indigenous community and to honor all the diverse peoples in our region.

Present: Dickey, Eagles, Galindo, Newhouser, Peña

Absent: Dawson, Nardo Morgan

2. Approval of April 16, 2024 minutes

Resolution

Eagles: Any edits or changes? Motion to approve?

Motion

First: Newhouser

Second: Peña

5-0

3. Public Comment

Receive

(Limited to items not appearing on the agenda)

Eagles: Public comment limited to items not appearing on tonight's agenda. Any public comment?

Public Comment 1: Really glad you came to Glen Ellen.

Public Comment 2: We're the Breinlingers, we live in Kenwood. Thank you for having us today. We've owned property in Kenwood since 2017, moved up full time in 2022, kids at Kenwood School. Wanted to share a business we're opening up in downtown, opening a coffee shop. If interested, website is up, pillowfight.coffee. Can contact us with questions.

Public Comment 3: Thanks for having us. Excited to do this, moved to Kenwood, love this whole area, always felt if only there was a coffee shop. Status, building permit and health department sign off, building rapidly progressing now, hopefully open in couple months. Welcome any feedback, comments. Likely apply use permit, serve beer and wine. Want it to be community gathering spot, what Kenwood area needs. Pillow Fight Coffee, sure some of you know the history of the pillow fights in Kenwood. Trying to honor that history and tradition, collecting memorabilia.

Public Comment 2: Goal to be open 7 days a week, 7 or 8 to 3, kids can come after school. Dog friendly, kid friendly, family friendly, Oakmonter friendly.

Eagles: Any more public comment? On Zoom?

No further public comment.

Dickey: Question, can we informally poll the audience about the bridge?

Eagles: On the agenda, let's wait. Perfect segway.

4. Supervisor Gorin Update

Receive

- O'Donnell Lane Bridge (Glen Ellen) update

Gorin: Before I talk about the bridge, want to give you an update on the budget hearings. Pretty wonderful budget considering what I feared, much better than I expected. Able to go through all the departments, what they do is submit budget requests to CAO, CAO and budget teams go through and say yes, yellow maybe, red probably can't afford it. Board of course says, let's go through those. Pulled out from the yellow and the red very important items: additional staff support for Registrar of Voters, additional attorneys for Public Defender, Victim Advocates for DA, narcotics unit once again for the Sheriff's office, as well as number of other things. Then went through board budget requests, just about all of them were funded, some cut back a little bit. With the exception of two million dollars for Roseland Library, simply did not have funding. Smaller ticket item was the Children's Museum, again simply didn't have the money to fund that. Did fund family resource center due to be started in Rancho Cotati school district, excited about that. Also funded Legal Aid for senior advocacy, along with Council of Aging, also Legal Aid to keep people in their houses. Secure families, Sonoma Immigrant Services part of that coalition, really wanted to support it. What we didn't fund, I am increasingly concerned about the number of vulnerable people on Los Guilicos campus. Proposing two and a half times homeless services on campus, Valley of the Moon Children's Home, Juvenile Hall. Did not get that funded, going to try to figure that out. Other interesting project that we got funded was pilot project for two services centers, East Sonoma County Services Center and one in Guerneville. Want to create a navigator position, don't exactly know how that's going to work out. Number one need I see in Sonoma Valley is someone signing people up for eligibility, services from the county, and helping them navigate to places where they can live. Stay tuned, great that we have Supervisors working together on some of these common problems for the unincorporated communities that Lynda and I both represent. You all received copy from Janice Thompson about condition of the bridge, Caltrans does do regular inspections of all our bridges, that's their responsibility. Also have qualified bridge engineers at the county, looked carefully at O'Donnell Bridge, concerned first of all that it's historic bridge, not necessarily built to modern bridge standards, very narrow, couple of accidents that have significantly moved one of the sides towards the creek. At risk for anyone who travels across the bridge, if hit again, could potentially go over into the creek. Recommending at least initially that the bridge be closed to vehicular traffic, using Henno Rd as access route. Would love to hear your suggestions on how we improve the safety of ingress and egress Henno Rd, has been an issue. Reality is, we have bridge experts, it's their best recommendation that until we program funds to repair the bridge, this is probably the way it's going to stay. That concludes my report. One more thing, Diane Olmstead, my planning commissioner is resigning, did a lot of interviewing, Tim Freeman, Chair of Sonoma Valley CAC has agreed to serve as Planning Commissioner, understands all the projects, the Valley, Springs Specific Plan

coming forward, Hanna Center at some point, SDC, might know better than I do, not going to be during my term. Tim will be appointed, will have vacancy on CAC. If know anybody who wants to serve, let me know. Vacancies on CAC and both of MACs on regular basis, if you all have an interest in serving let us know. Available to answer questions.

Eagles: Councilmembers?

Gorin: Ashley and whole family, thank you. When you came to me and said you wanted to open a coffee shop, I did a happy dance. Frequently looking for coffee shops to hold meetings.

Newhouser: Clarification, since bridge is on the agenda, do we want to reserve comments on that?

Eagles: This is the item, we called it out specifically because we thought would be of real interest.

Gorin: Janice will make herself available maybe next month, thought it was important to provide this report.

Newhouser: Interested to know if county is still considering input before making a decision, making bridge just pedestrian or still considering making repairs?

Gorin: Considering both. For immediate future, think dangerous to open to vehicular and truck traffic. In abundance of caution, will make it pedestrian and bicycle, looking for funding for repair. Caltrans will not repair this bridge.

Newhouser: Probability of getting funds nonexistent?

Gorin: Wouldn't say that, I personally think repairs would be moderately expensive, not horrendously expensive. I'm saying that with no understanding of what would be required.

Newhouser: You mentioned other budgetary priorities, a way of finding out where this project is in hierarchy?

Gorin: Hasn't even been identified as a project yet. Hold that question, hopefully Janice can be with the MAC to address that question. Can itemize what bridges are being repaired, waited over a decade to repair replace Watmaugh bridge. County had so many bridge replacement projects, had to pull some of those projects back. Can't tell you about the repairs of O'Donnell, intent to close the bridge temporarily while receive estimate on the cost to repair, then to try to find funding. I would say talk to the new Supervisor.

Dickey: I'd like to know how you folks feel?

Eagles: Want to make sure anyone else on council has chance to comment, we will.

Galindo: Question, since this is in progress, is there a possibility of putting a sign that says no traffic allowed, no through traffic?

Gorin: I think they can do a better job than what is there now, placing bollards in the road that would permit pedestrian and cyclists but not vehicles. One of the first constituents I met with was a resident of Henno Rd, wanted concave mirror placed on this tree opposite Henno to make it easier to see up and down. That would be my recommendation work with church to put concave mirror. Any suggestions you have, know that Arthur, discussion next month, going to come forward with some ideas on pedestrian and cyclist safety throughout Glen Ellen, reducing some speed limits, how to get better enforcement, how to create pedestrian access routes. As we move forward in updating General Plan, that is a project that the MAC and the community could take on, how to create a community that is safer to be incorporated into the general plan. In order for anything to be approved, needs to be in the plan and approved by the various bodies.

Eagles: Anyone in the room want to make comment?

Public Comment 1: More of a question, you were talking about putting mirror on redwood tree. Seems to me the real danger is from the left, don't see how the mirror would help.

Gorin: If I'm coming from Henno across the road, wanting to turn into this Henno Rd, have to inch out and look up the hill. Reverse is true. May be way to improve visibility from oncoming cars especially those coming down hill. Have to be on both sides of the road.

Public Comment 2: Think if there was better control of the vegetation on that corner, don't have to get rid of the redwood tree, a lot of other plants and weeds along the road, really annoying and really difficult to see. Also on the other bridge across the creek, vegetation along there that gets in the way on both sides.

Gorin: MAC might work with some of the neighbors on trimming back vegetation.

Public Comment 3: Live on Henno, who is responsible for the vegetation that's not on the private property, but on the northeast corner?

Gorin: It would be helpful if you would take a photo, and give me an address.

Public Comment 3: Next to the creek, and next to that parking area.

Gorin: That is private property. Maybe we're talking about two different places, send me a map and we can investigate. Also, should know it's fire season. If you see neighbors or someone with overgrown vegetation, please call or write the fire department, do go out and inspect. Important for all of us.

Public Comment 4: Since this house went up over here, on Sundays when people come to this church, no place to park. Park on Henno on both sides of the road, really narrow spot you can fit between them. Trying to turn on to Henno, don't know road is blocked until it's too late. So I'd like to put No Parking signs up.

Gorin: Thank you for pointing that out. Early approach might be working with the church to tell them it's a problem. Have no curb, hard to paint a red curb. Any parking restriction has to be put on the board agenda and have the board approve it, expensive. That's why we have the MAC and why you have an amazing community, work with folks to see, maybe as simple as putting traffic cones there before service.

Public Comment 5: One comment regarding the bridge, hadn't seen structural report, feel strongly that some sort of historical resource report needs to be made before any decision could be made to repair it or replace it. Without having proper consultants report, difficult to determine what the historical value is.

Gorin: We have the landmarks commission, people in Permit Sonoma who are experts in historical resources. Not part of national historic registry, even if were designated, doesn't necessarily trigger funding coming down.

Public Comment 5: Look at this photo, see a previous botched repair job, at some point slathered a lot of concrete.

Gorin: It really was a sort of brick siding along the bridge, then they poured earthen filled barrier with no structural supports. Did do pretty detailed inspection.

Public Comment 6: Think Councilman Dickey is getting at it, have you considered or have you heard, who are the constituents that would really want that bridge returned to vehicular use? Who really cares to be able to drive over it? Can't assume that about me. I believe all forward looking communities are looking for bicycle and pedestrian access and keeping cars off the road.

Gorin: Thank you for clarifying, heard from a number of folks on O'Donnell Ln very concerned about closure of the bridge. Rely on the experts, if I have structural engineer saying this is a risk, I'm going to take their expertise.

Public Comment 6: I appreciate that, but as gentleman points out, could also look at historical values, environment concerns, find some way to try to stub the toe of anybody who tries to move forward with vehicular use there, However, practically speaking, if more people care to have pedestrian and bicycle access than others, I think politicians like you should lean.

Gorin: If the community agrees with you, wants to see the bridge preserved as-

Public Comment 6: How do we persuade you?

Gorin: Ok, Matt ask your question?

Dickey: Most of us live here in town, probably have accessed that bridge by driving, bikes, walking. I don't live along O'Donnell, so I don't want to speak to it, but kind of like the fact that it's closed off now. For the intimacy of the O'Donnell neighborhood. When fires came, all those large lumber trucks, concrete trucks, probably compromised it severely at that point. Egress and ingress is a concern, for sure. If fire again and only way in and out is along this stretch of road, that's a worry. Don't know that it improves all that much from a safety standpoint to have bridge as way to get out either. From a practical standpoint, this neighborhood should have some sort of meeting, propose what your preference would be.

Gorin: Appreciate that, also appreciate those of you here who love the fact that there may be a permanent pedestrian and bicycle access to neighborhood. Obviously, challenging for anybody living on Warm Springs Rd to have safe pedestrian connections. For immediate future, that's the way it's going to be. In case of emergencies, could be used as an emergency vehicle access, center bollard removable by the fire department so they can access and get equipment in there. As you all were rebuilding homes, curious your anecdotal experience, did all the trucks navigate across the bridge? Or come through Henno, room enough to turn?

Public Comment 7: Took out the fence, so the trucks could come through. Put it back when most of the construction was done.

Gorin: Most of the construction done but not all. What I would be concerned about is having emergency vehicle access through there.

Public Comment 7: Think there's a load limit. I live right next door, most of the trucks access through Henno. Amazing to see how they got on to Henno.

Gorin: Most of the large trucks wide, smart to do that. One of the first constituent issues I worked on was with the Mayacamas Fire Department, frustrated with people accessing Trinity Road with great big trucks, would get stuck in hairpin turn. Turns out maps were routing traffic up over that road to get to Napa. We did put the number of axles, when you pass you can see the signs. Fewer, but still some folks get stuck.

Public Comment 8: Any action that anyone is proposing to do? Polling, could do straw poll?

Gorin: Not on the agenda for action at this meeting, if the MAC wants to take some action working with the community, or send a letter, need to propose it for the next agenda.

Public Comment 8: Follow up, otherwise we're just waiting for the process to move along slowly as it does, I'm hoping that it's so low on the priority list that it never gets addressed for vehicular.

Gorin: I think that's a safe bet.

Public Comment 9: Think a lot of the residents on the street are thinking of the times when need to evacuate. Grew up on the street, don't live on the street but very familiar with the road. Of course we think of fire now, but this road also floods. Rare, but does happen, that's actually a higher bridge than the Warm Springs bridge. Multiple ways of evacuation – not just fire, but flooding. Also a safe bridge to use to get out. Traffic backing up for people evacuating coming down Warm Springs, harder for people getting out using Henno. In evacuation would be nice to have that. Also, I'm a volunteer for Glen Ellen Village Fair Association, having issues this year because that bridge was used during the fair to get bands in and out. Just one day a year, but example of that road being used when the rest are closed. Big deal for us, restaurants, hotel there, no longer an access.

Gorin: Thank you for pointing out the obvious to you, not necessarily the obvious to me. Rather than having this detailed conversation with the MAC, leave contact information and come to meet with fire chief and Janice Thompson and Johannes Hoevertsz to work on strategies to address what you are encountering. When mention village fair, I've been

after Caltrans to repave the bridges, decking of the bridge. Caltrans said have responsibility for replacing the decking, have not committed to replacing before the Glen Ellen Village Fair. Working on that, on both bridges. Do have acceptance that they're going to do this, it's just a question of when.

Public Comment 9: To echo everyone else's sentiments about getting in and out, to even turn right, so dangerous. Cars trying to peek out to turn left, don't leave room for someone to turn in.

Gorin: County said no, can't put a stop sign there. Arthur is proposing that we create a pedestrian zone with reduced speed limits, just a question, who's going to enforce.

Public Comment 9: Excited for that topic.

Gorin: Hopefully we can get CHP captain to be part of that conversation.

Eagles: Know we have to go to online comment. In the meantime, meet amongst yourselves, come back in July, not meeting in August. One more.

Public Comment 10: Just want to reiterate, want have potential of getting out of that sucker if we flood, or if burning again.

Gorin: Conversation with the fire chief. How do we create a pedestrian bridge with the possibility of emergency vehicle access. Understand why you especially want to be assured that you're able to that.

Eagles: Anyone joining us online have a comment?

No further public comment.

Gorin: Thank you all for being here, didn't have this kind of crowd when meeting at the Kenwood Depot.

5. Valley of the Moon Alliance: Sonoma Area Fire Evacuation Study (15mins)

Receive

- Receive presentation from Valley of the Moon Alliance on their planned evacuation study and survey in progress

Eagles: Next up have Valley of the Moon Alliance on Sonoma Area Fire Evacuation Study, have Bean Anderson speaking. Alice, will you remind everyone the catchment area for the survey?

Horowitz: KLD Associates did study for Oakmont, that whole area is done. Moving south from there. Handout, data needs list to give you an idea of the scope of the information that is being collected by KLD with help from volunteers from Valley of the Moon Alliance.

Anderson: I'm Bean Anderson, live on O'Donnell Ln. Background, five of us were concerned that we needed to know what it actually took to evacuate in a wildfire. Together with Valley of the Moon Alliance, we hired KLD. Looking around the room, nine of fourteen people here lost their houses in 2017. We've all been effected by the wildfires in one way or another, fire in Healdsburg reminder that it's the same thing every year, have to be ready for it. Emergency services since 2017 have done fantastic job of improving, the one thing that's missing is that no one knows what it takes to evacuate a particular area and how long does it take. Example, how long does it take Kenwood residents to get to Sonoma, or Santa Rosa? Similarly, no one knows what it takes to evacuate public schools. Policy in public schools is don't evacuate, if have kids in public schools got to go to school get your kid, go home and evacuate. Valley of the Moon Alliance hired top national firm called KLD to conduct wildfire evacuation study. Done this in lots of places, evacuation plans for every nuclear power plant in the country, dozens of cities in the west have hired them to not only study their town but to actually build the evacuation plans for them. Oakmont has done the same thing.

Horowitz: Counties of Santa Cruz and Santa Barbara also hired them to do evacuation analyses.

Anderson: And Berkeley. Study going to cover most of Sonoma Valley from north of Oakmont down to Petaluma Road in Sonoma, not doing town of Sonoma. Going to go from ridgetops west to east. KLD has already mapped all the roads,

then they've done demographic study; what does it actually take people to evacuate? What do people think it takes? Called mobilization time. In addition to how long does it take you to drive somewhere, it is how long does it take you to actually be able to leave. Other thing they've done is data needs list, want to know what are the evacuation issues for hotels, wineries, parks, hospitals, daycare facilities, jails, homeless, schools. Collect all that information and study it, all goes into their models. A lot of the people in community here have helped them gather that information. With this raw data, they run simulations, get baseline numbers, will know from every evacuation zone in Sonoma Valley how long does it take to get to what's called a shadow zone, first safe area you can get to, that's either Sonoma or Santa Rosa. With that data, will get from them evacuation times for how long it takes to get 90% of people to safety and 100% of people to safety. Types of things emergency services can use in their planning. In this first phase, will get all those numbers, publicly available. In second phase, run same simulation but this time add in SDC, Hanna, perhaps take into account Springs development plan, see what impact does that have on fire evacuations. That data can go into not only emergency planning, but also into for the Board of Supervisors and planning department, when look at new developments, what impact does it have, we'll have the data, not just wishful thinking. Lot of good estimates and smart people, but no one's measured anything. Valley of the Moon will own the data from this so we can share it, can run other experiments. To be clear, doing this not because we're trying to stop development, this is about safety and saving lives. It's about decisions based empirical data, not wishful thinking, knowing the truth and finding solutions. If we know it takes a long time to evacuate from some place, instead of saying you can't build here, can say how can we solve this. Maybe there's another road that needs to go in, maybe lanes need to be widened, can run those experiments and find out. Most of us here have kids, grandchildren, relatives and friends that are in schools. Right now no one knows what it takes to get those kids out if there's a fire emergency during the day. Two examples: where Susan lives, in Oakmont, they hired KLD to study. Lot of complicated information in there, short summary is, about 5,000 people there, going to take 2.5 hours to get 90% out, 4.5 hours to get 100% out. At 90% level, most of the time think that's pretty good, but that's still 500 people who die there. How long it takes to get everyone out is big factor.

Gorin: Let me just say, they negotiated with the developer of the future Elnoka Village to carve emergency vehicle access route around Oakmont connecting to Melita Rd, expect that road to carry Oakmont, Spring Lake Village, all the homes along there.

Anderson: Great example, did the model of it, improved times by about 10%. Doesn't really improve much at all. Other example is Paradise. Has roughly same population as Sonoma Valley, have 14 evacuation zones, Sonoma Valley has 14. Got five escape routes, we've got Arnold, 12, Bennet Valley. In 6.5 hours, the town burned over and 85 people died, roads all blocked all full. This is not what should happen, should not put ourselves in that position. In 2017 Nuns Canyon fire, all of our escape route were blocked by fire. In most places, KLD has been hired by the community, by the city, state, organizations to do the work. Here, since nothing has happened, a bunch of us said, we have to do this. To me, unconscionable that county hasn't taken this last step to find out what it takes to evacuate. First, all of us can spread the word. Susan is a great advocate, appreciate that. Engage more public officials. What is it we really want? Want Sonoma County Emergency Management to use actual evacuation time numbers in their planning, make part of the process. Similarly, Board of Supervisors and Permit Sonoma should take these same numbers into account when looking at new development projects. What you can do, in short term is, help us pay for this, and if go to votma.org see there evacuation study, learn details and how to donate.

Eagles: Ask you to clarify, can you tell us more about VOTMA? Why VOTMA is the organization that did it, who they are, and how VOTMA is going to get their information to the county.

Anderson: Group of concerned citizens that organized into a 501c3 organization. One of 5 people in our group that wanted to hire KLD is on the board of VOTMA. Didn't have time to form new 501c3 to be separate organization, so VOTMA stepped up to be sponsoring agency. Now very involved with outreach, fundraising.

Gorin: VOTMA has been in existence long before I was elected as Supervisor, always provided great information to me about the good things they're working on, incredible advocacy group for communities of Kenwood, certainly involved in SDC, any Kenwood issue. Would say, manage to sue county with frequency.

Horowitz: VOTMA is one of the four organizing partners of SCALE, Sonoma Community Advocates for Livable Environment. As such, in CEQA lawsuit, evacuation capacity was a very important element. Judge agreed with us that more work needed to be on that, not believable to say that adding 1,000 homes and hotel there was basically going to

have no impact on our ability to evacuate. A lot of work by VOTMA that went into all that, doing the evacuation study just a natural other step.

Eagles: Will county look at this data and pay attention to it?

Gorin: I certainly paid attention to the Oakmont study and took note. Many seniors bedbound, on durable medical equipment, caretakers, challenged to evacuate as well as assisted living, Spring Lake Village, and vulnerable folks on Los Guilicos. Not only concerned about this part of the valley but very concerned about the upper part of the valley. As we know in the Glass Fire, those roads were shut off.

Anderson: This study covers north of Oakmont, includes Oakmont, covers everything down to Petaluma Rd in Sonoma. Left out town of Sonoma and town of Santa Rosa.

Horowitz: Results should be wrapped up by end of September, results will be shared through many different channels. Interesting to come back to MAC to present results. I think the ask from the MAC is to go to bat for us to emphasize the importance, get the county to pay attention. Tremendous amount of time and effort and money being put into this study, really something county should be doing.

Gorin: I agree.

Horowitz: A gift, community driven gift to give not only to our people but to the county as well, to put to good use.

Newhouser: Said you want to raise awareness of the issues, I would also hope that you would want this evidence to compel the county or any powers that be to require that any proposed developments actually address the risks, and if that means putting in another lane on a major arterial road then so be it.

Anderson: That's the whole point, not trying to stop development, saying if you have the numbers and the data, now you can look at what's a solution.

Horowitz: And if putting in the additional lanes is not possible, how about building less houses.

Newhouser: Think that's important to point out, that there is a goal. Couple questions: way you describe the data, sounds very specific to individual landowners. Wondering how many respondents to the survey do you need in order for KLD to extrapolate the data to make it accurate enough.

Anderson: Build a distribution based on the surveys, we went way over the number of responses they needed. Went evacuation zone by evacuation zone to make sure we had enough, had enough even in each zone.

Newhouser: Percentage?

Anderson: Don't remember. Remember it was about 50% over what you needed for a statistical value.

Horowitz: One survey per household, not per person.

Newhouser: One of the improvements that you mentioned, because we have better systems in place now, now we're getting timely warnings and evacuation orders, something we just witnessed in the Point Fire. Something that even in my little community, telling people, if you have any impediment, better start packing up and leaving at the warning. Don't want to get too much into the weeds, but because of that awareness, more advanced warning system we have now, sure that KLD has taken this into account, can assume now that some people will leave early.

Anderson: In the survey, as soon as you hear there is a warning in effect, are you going to leave then? And also people who say I won't leave no matter what.

Horowitz: Important question that has come up since, with so many homeowner insurance policies being cancelled, question is, are you more likely to not evacuate if you don't have homeowners insurance?

Anderson: Susan brought up great point on that exact issue, we all think that we're all capable of evacuating, just so many people who cannot evacuate without help. Need transportation, need help, that's a big factor.

Newhouser: I was in the convoy when the national guard evacuated all the residents of SDC from Sonoma, because had already moved from SDC, about 30 paramedic vehicles with bedridden people in them, the last clients. Went all the way from Sonoma to Dixon, amazing, so many resources went into that.

Dickey: KLD has done large number of these evaluations. Have they ever had the chance to compare their evaluation against a real world catastrophe?

Anderson: Don't know the answer to that.

Dickey: Reason I ask, intellectual curiosity as to how accurate projections are against model they create.

Anderson: When we're done with this, part of what we're paying for is for them to do a community meeting and present the results, place to ask those kinds of questions. I'll write tomorrow and see what I find out.

Dickey: Susan, know subject has come up about using our yearly MAC funds to help with this effort.

Gorin: Have had conversation with Hannah about this, I will have conversation with Bean and folks working on the study. Not appropriate for the MAC to fund it, need to have county counsel determination as to whether or not we can use county funds for that.

Dickey: Or if there are workarounds that they've had extra expenses that were not associated directly with but might ordinarily have to be through the contract environment.

Gorin: We'll have that sidebar conversation. The MAC certainly does not have a sizeable enough budget to significantly contribute.

Dickey: In any case, contributing to it emotionally feels good.

Gorin: I have confidence that Bean and Alice have contacted anybody with discretionary funds. So many people with vested interest in this study for sure. Can talk to them later about who've they've talked with, who's funded.

Dickey: As a community you can understand too why seems so important to have the information, as alarming as it might be in the end.

Gorin: Agree, think it's really important. Thank you all for working on this. Have tried some backroom conversations to figure out how the county could directly fund this or at least help with this. I would say county's response is we've already done the evacuation analysis and will again in EIRs for Hanna Center and SDC.

Anderson: Have a judge saying that was inadequate.

Dickey: An independent contractor is going through comprehensive study. Projects are going to come before multiple bodies. How do we ensure that this sort of evaluation is integrated into the information that they have to take into account. Rather than do it individually like an EIR that focuses on a very narrow scope of an individual project, this is larger in scope. It would be valuable if go through this financial and data set exercise to be able to communicate it into the plans that have to be evaluated.

Gorin: Think this report will be available publicly, would assume. MACs, CAC will receive copies of it so you'll have that information. Know from my experience in evaluating studies EIRs and traffic analysis for wineries and things like that, often will have dueling reports, one presented by developer and one presented by neighbors, staff trying to figure it out. Certainly advisory bodies will have that information, can ask appropriate questions, and the fire district, sheriff, everybody else will have access to that information and it will give them pause, they should review it and think about it.

Dickey: Does general plan update help us with that?

Gorin: So long in the future. Valley has immediate needs in considering Hanna Center and SDC, Springs Specific Plan, any other thing that might be proposed. More immediate than general plan update.

Dickey: When we take this information, like with the winery event guidelines, develop those guidelines, is it possible to make sure that this sort of data as an ongoing effort is always integrated into the general plan.

Gorin: What you might do, county has not commissioned this study, I asked whether we could peer review it, still a possibility, what you at the CAC could do is develop on your list of guidelines for review of any project, have you reviewed this study, is it relevant to your project, if so how.

Peña: Thank you for the presentation. How is this study being promoted and advertised? I live in Kenwood.

Anderson: Been in the Kenwood Press many times, in the Press Democrat. Spoken at a lot of events, real estate group meetings, much to my surprise super enthusiastic. Gone to fire fairs, emergency fairs.

Peña: Think anyone who hears about it will be enthusiastic. Going to be talking about community outreach later, think this would be a good example.

Horowitz: Postcards, printed in Spanish as well, attended emergency preparedness fair at El Verano school. Enjoyed that, interact with all people as they came through, many Spanish speakers. Placed information with La Luz, they put on their social media. Many of the Mexican markets, put stacks of postcards there.

Anderson: Gone out on mailing lists of lot of local organizations.

Peña: Is there a data collection deadline?

Horowitz: There was an original period of accepting surveys which closed on May 26, by then we had like 600 answers. Continuing to collect surveys through July 15, needed to get going with first batch of information, continuing to collect.

Peña: Geographic areas where statistically underrepresented?

Horowitz: Cavedale Rd area, granted not a lot of people live up there. Drove the entire Trinity Cavedale, put flyers in every single mailbox.

Gorin: Mayacamas volunteer fire district having their annual fundraising dinner August 24, could ask Allison maybe for a table to pass out information.

Horowitz: She put information on her listserve.

Peña: Does this data being collected look at vacation rentals, impact that has on evacuation? Had a presentation a few months ago from the vacation rental folks, talked about new rule for making sure they evacuate when there's a warning.

Anderson: Owners are supposed to answer for the vacation rental. Many vacation rentals, the owner lives there sometimes, rent it other times. Owner supposed to answer as if they were living there all the time. If they're pure vacation rentals, don't have a way to get to those people.

Gorin: They're supposed to post inside the vacation rental emergency information. Part of the requirements for the license for the vacation rental. Know in the 2017 fires had a lot of confused folks and lost some visitors.

Anderson: A lot of the demographic survey was, how are you going to behave, what are your issues? For people who are in a vacation rental, no one knows.

Peña: Two concerns there, one is the safety of the vacation renters, but the other is how they're going to impact the safety of everyone else if they don't do the right thing.

Anderson: One of my big concerns is people with trailers, terrible on roads, especially when traffic gets bad. Can block the whole road really fast.

Eagles: Anyone from in-person audience have a question or comment?

Public Comment 1: Thank you Bean for undertaking this heroic effort, this is something the county should be doing and not a 501c3. Hopefully it will inform future planning, regional planning for the valley. This is ground zero, O'Donnell Ln, already mentioned it's good to have multiple escape routes. What we saw from the behavior of the last fire, very dicey, fires are unpredictable. Blow with the wind, can go this way and that way, really important to have egress in multiple directions. If walk down O'Donnell Ln, everything up here was scorched. This church and a couple houses on the other side were the only thing that was saved. Having egress, I would sleep much more comfortable if the access to Warm Springs Rd was not blocked off on the other end. There could be bollards that just allow evacuation access route or emergency vehicle access.

Dickey: That's pretty granular, is there the expectation that you would see that in this study? O'Donnell Ln as an example, examine it in that sort of detail to provide alternative evacuation idea.

Anderson: No. Neighborhood by neighborhood, in this case generally evacuation zones. Only peculiar thing with evacuation zones in Glen Ellen, five or six meet at points downtown. Credit where credit is due, Kevin Padian started this whole thing. Used to live in Oakland Hills during that fire, livid at how bad it was managed. Went to Berkeley for Urban Fire Safety Planning school, hired grad students and studied the Oakland Hills to find out what it actually took, mindboggling scary, so many single lane roads, just not possible to get people in and out. Unfortunately local government said too bad, Kevin and Nancy moved.

Horowitz: Want to be really clear, a study. Not a plan. Idea is to get all the information so that we really understand particular needs, understand, like Altamira, everyone has to go get their kids if it's during the school day, how is that gonna affect everyone else wanting to evacuate, while all these parents are rushing to and from Altamira. Understand the situation, then the idea is that officials, people who are making the protective action decisions when there's an emergency, they'll have this information so they can make good decisions and declarations in telling people what to do, but the study is not actually a plan.

Eagles: Other comments? Finish public comment first. Online?

Newhouser: Just going to ask, follow up to that, understand and respect the fact that this is not a plan, but would hope that the developers of this study would at least have some recommendations.

Anderson: Data is small piece that goes into making a plan. Can't make the plan without the appropriate agencies being all part of it together. Fire department, police, emergency services, public schools, if not involved can't make a plan.

Gorin: Los Guilicos site is a microcosm of what you're attempting to do. My thought is that each department with services on that site shall develop a plan for evacuation for the various staff and vulnerable individuals. Juvenile Hall, Valley of the Moon Children's Home, LG Village, going to move into Eliza's Village. Couple of other uses on that site. Thinking about the Glass Fire, Valley of the Moon Children's Home knew exactly what they needed to do, made sure everyone was accounted for, had the medication, records all in the buses, had enough vehicles. LG Village left of their own, Juvenile Hall a little chaotic until got it together. My concern is how many agencies are relying on public buses for evacuation, what happens if the roads are closed, where do the buses come from.

Anderson: Where do the bus drivers come from? They're evacuating too.

Gorin: A lot of questions that your study will try to address, I'm working in smaller way but still important.

Anderson: One of the biggest surprises when we did the data needs analysis, to find out what the issues were, called every small assisted living facility in Sonoma Valley. Every one of them except one, couldn't get clear answer, have their own bus and drivers that are always there, can handle everyone that's there. Don't have to depend on anyone else. Nice surprise.

Gorin: I would encourage all to read the book written by Paul Gullixson entitled Inflamed. Informed my understanding especially regarding SDC and other sites on evacuation. I was somewhat responsible for that, served on the Santa Rosa Planning Commission that approved that EIR, couldn't even get a bus to turn around in those parking lots.

Eagles: Anyone joining us online who would like to comment?

No further public comment.

6. North Sonoma Valley MAC Outreach and Engagement (15mins)

Receive

- Review North Sonoma Valley MAC outreach flyer from 2021
- Discuss future North Sonoma Valley MAC outreach and engagement

Eagles: Revisiting of a topic that we've been discussing amongst ourselves. Have been talking about how we do more outreach, objective of course more engagement, more folks coming to meetings. Looking at topics important to communities of Kenwood, Glen Ellen, south to just past Madrone. Have an outreach flyer, not really making any decisions on that. Something we can send around tell what the MAC is, what we do, in the process of updating. If we have comments on that, send to you Hannah, do they have to be voted on by us?

Whitman: MAC has delegated engagement and outreach to Chair and Vice Chair, up to the discretion of Chair and Vice Chair.

Eagles: Ok, if anyone sees things that they would like to improve, get that to you?

Whitman: Yes.

Eagles: If there's things you'd like to see improved, let Hannah know. Talked about just doing the basics, getting it out to the local papers. I did a late email to the Glen Ellen Forum board, see some of you here. District 1 staff sends our agenda to Kenwood Press, Sonoma IT, Sonoma Sun. Supervisor Gorin's newsletter, have announcement of the MACs. Have MAC notifications on county website, post it there. Trying to do better using our own personal networks. Maybe getting on our Facebook page, a little neglected. Other thoughts?

Peña: Think I brought up last time, there are a lot of different organizations that represent the valley in different ways. Not sure I understand where the lines are drawn, ordinary citizens may not as well. Maybe having some sort of map or guidelines of, this group handles this, this group handles this, could be important so people know where to look.

Eagles: Where could that live?

Gorin: Springs MAC has distribution list, send out not only to MAC members but community members and organizations. Might develop a list of community organizations in Glen Ellen and Kenwood. And anyone who wants to be included in the District 1 newsletter, please let Hannah know.

Newhouser: Wanted to ask while we still have folks representing the Forum, know that the outreach committee has limited capacity to put messages out. Timeliness is key, if we want to get something to another organization such as the Glen Ellen Forum, need to know what their timeline is. Meetings every two, three months?

Debbie Lammers: Quarterly, next meeting will be in August. Usually prefaced by a newsletter, latest collection of items that will be topical for the next community meeting.

Newhouser: Debbie Lammers is current president of the Forum, so she would know.

Lammers: Newsletter schedule is somewhat flexible. Katie is a board member.

Katie Everidge: Communications team is in flux, it used to go out monthly, now we're only guaranteed quarterly, up into the meeting. If you have information, the sooner we can get it the better.

Newhouser: You have been good about providing the dates for the next MAC meeting. If we were going to have a specific topic, want things to be interesting enough that people show up, to get a detailed description or copy of agenda to you, I don't know if probably helpful.

Everidge: Would be helpful, also talking about what will hopefully be at the next meeting, Arthur was able to come and speak at our last quarterly meeting about it. Didn't make it to this agenda, great if there's a little time to come and speak at our quarterly meetings, give us an update on things the MAC is working on.

Lammers: We have public comment section in our meetings as well, along with two or three key topic presentations. Sometimes the presentation topic and speaker is not firmly nailed down until a few weeks before. Small band of volunteers at Glen Ellen Forum. Our hope that our newsletters are timely, in advance of our community meetings, with enough information about the community meetings to get folks interested. Pretty good turnout at our community meetings, can get 50 to 75 people.

Eagles: We will do the best we can to get you timely data, but don't want to do Katie what happened to you, think something will happen and not happen in the meeting, that's a little frustrating. Any other comment here? Public comment.

Anderson: Want to point out the obvious, at Forum meetings have beer and food.

Eagles: We'll definitely be in touch.

Gorin: This is a great turnout, thank you all for coming. Great confluence of ideas. Wouldn't despair if don't get this kind of turnout every month. Another idea I would suggest for both of you, we as the D1 team think about what we're going to put in the newsletter. We think that District 1 just is Sonoma Valley, it's not, lots of other communities. Want to be intentional about asking Lichau Rd, Bennett Valley, for a paragraph or two: what are you doing that's of interest to the larger community? Put that out, send us a couple paragraphs, some of the important points of what is of concern to the community. Might be a way to get your information out more broadly, let know not just nimbys opposing the SDC.

Newhouser: People need to know they can come to these meetings, can be heard, whether it's something positive or something negative. We can help convey that information to the powers that be. Maybe even have the opportunity to speak to their Supervisor, have that Supervisor here.

Gorin: For the next 6 months.

Newhouser: Think that's really important, people need to know that we're a place where they can come and bring up issues.

Gorin: Speeding traffic, fear of fire, all of that is absolutely relevant and important discussion for the MAC.

Eagles: Call on all of you, if you would, use your networks. My neighborhood, no one comes, they love it when I come to their door to talk about stuff, never get anyone to come but I try. Other thoughts?

Everidge: Your email worked, to the Forum board.

Dickey: Kate, just a brief comment on how our agenda and the topics that we cover are decided upon.

Eagles: Look at the Supervisors schedule, things that are topical, newly published or new information, things that we know are going to be of potential interest to the community, anything from how we comment on the SDC to the bridge. Look at combination of those factors, Hannah does the work on talking to people and seeing if they are available.

Gorin: You as the community could suggest topics.

Eagles: Absolutely, we get those sometimes.

Galindo: And sometimes we have to decide whether the topic will be included in this meeting, or the next one depending, obviously it was really important to talk about the bridge. Other times, we have had to talk amongst each other to decide what gets put in the agenda and what has to move to the next one.

Eagles: Any comments from folks online?

No further public comment.

7. Reports and Announcements from Councilmembers and Ad Hoc

Receive

Eagles: Know we're down a couple folks tonight. Any ad hoc committee update or general update?

Peña: We have a pending meeting, I'll reach out to your two.

Eagles: And we're looking at Glen Ellen as it pertains to the general plan, thinking through what we want to do there.

Peña: Kenwood too.

Newhouser: Just so people understand, Glen Ellen has design guidelines that was propagated by citizens here in town, actually adopted by the county.

Gorin: More than a little dated now.

Newhouser: Very dated, but because the general plan update is initiated, it was Matt's idea to update that, design guidelines, so that it's more relevant and that it becomes, again, adopted through the general plan update process. Will be discussing that, have ad hoc committee, group of three councilmembers work on that independently, because of the Brown Act limitations. We can come up with a plan and bring back to the council to decide on, with public input. Think it will be really important and draw interest from the community. Importantly, Kenwood does not have design guidelines, opportunity for Kenwood to develop their own plan, hopefully have that tool as well.

Gorin: I had conversation with Hannah, there is a relatively newly hired employee with Permit Sonoma, the Deputy Director of Planning, Emi Thierault, she's amazing. Going to suggest you invite her, maybe not the next meeting but the meeting after, to start to engage about the design guidelines for both Glen Ellen and Kenwood and the general plan update process. Still don't have their plans really in place. And Arthur's suggestion on the pedestrian safe zone, circulation element. One thing that was not funded of my request is asking for planning money for Glen Ellen, at some point Glen Ellen is going to have to absorb some traffic. Might be later rather than sooner, need to be prepared along Arnold Dr.

Newhouser: Truncated updated on Firehouse Triangle project, Susan had requested a timeline. Wasn't sure if this was an appropriate time to do this.

Gorin: Drove passed last night, just put something on paper.

Newhouser: I'll just say briefly, went through rigamarole to get to where we are now, putting together plan, going through encroachment permit process, having to adapt the plans and update them based on feedback from the county, finally approved. Have a contractor to do the excavation, also have volunteers lined up providing the boulders, help with the split rail fencing. Progress to date, weeded the site, unsightly and to help reduce the weed seed production on site so not maintenance nightmare. Temporary fence to protect people from parking on it, delineate work areas, tree protection fencing. Next step on week of 24th, will break ground, have to get USA to mark where all the utilities are. Hopefully get all of the soil work done that week, couple of locations where we can deliver it for free. Boulders will come probably first week of July, big task. Holes for fencing, temporary water tank.

Gorin: Did you figure that out with Permit Sonoma?

Newhouser: What it came down to was submitting installation guidelines from manufacturer. Generally, have to give them the plan so they can make a decision. Once hardscape in place, can rest. Wait until fall, in the meantime

landscaper under contract to do all the planting and irrigation. After that, it's just a matter of ongoing maintenance. Questions in last meeting about the funding. Because we got funding for this year, leftover funds from the MAC to go to this project, contract read that had to be utilized within fiscal year. Information I went away with, there is flexibility, want to see project initiated before end of fiscal year. Turned up heat on contractor, got fencing up yesterday, back on 24th to break ground, have some solid work done, rock probably won't be placed until after the first.

Gorin: That's fine.

Newhouser: Think we're good, meeting intent of initiating the project and showing progress. After that just a matter of making sure that we follow up and get the rest of it done.

Gorin: Going to have a ribbon cutting?

Newhouser: I've done that before for other parks.

Eagles: Keep us posted. Any other ad hoc or general announcements? Think I did say we will meet in July on the 16th, but not in August, and again in September. Public comment?

Lammers: If you're not meeting in August, want to come to our community meeting? First Monday in August.

Eagles: Won't be in town, but I think someone would like to, let's plan on that we'll find someone. Anyone still with us online?

No further public comment.

Dickey: SVCAC update. We reviewed a winery proposal from the Robledo family, approved it with conditions. Impressed, went through our winery event guidelines very thoroughly. Concerned about their water use, one of the conditions we wanted them to reexamine. Similar conversations about outreach at the CAC, overlap, wanting the community more integrated in our discussions. Aside, I think Zoom and pandemic contributed to drawback from public participation, slow process to reintegrate that into the community. Topics absolutely matter, location location location matters also. Good to see everybody here, know that we can be a voice for everybody in our community to Supervisor Gorin's office, political structures. Supervisor Gorin alluded to fact that CAC has some turnover, a lot of new members.

Eagles: When next meeting?

Dickey: Next Wednesday, at the city council chambers.

Gorin: I think that some of the disruption at the Sonoma IT is contributing to lack of advance information about things coming up on the CAC and MAC agendas, they've had some turnover. New media having some challenges, of course we lost Val. It's a challenge to inform people and pull them out.

Eagles: Anyone online?

No public comment.

8. Consideration of items for future agenda

Receive

Eagles: Talked about a couple, think we have plenty for next month. Ideas now, or send them to us?

Horowitz: Is there a September meeting? Would be great for the safe study to come back.

Dickey: When is that complete?

Horowitz: Should be by end of September. Or could be earlier.

Dickey: Know what the dates are for these meetings.

Horowitz: Meeting in October?

Eagles: Yes.

Horowitz: So perhaps.

Gorin: Let them know when the study is available.

Dickey: Meeting twice per quarter.

Gorin: Want to thank all of you for your participation on the MAC. A commitment, and you're not paid. Really appreciate you volunteer your energies, love having the Glen Ellen Forum here, great intersection.

Newhouser: Suggestion, contacted about the proposed CalFire facility on SDC.

Gorin: Would not get excited about it, planning horizon is 15 or 20 years. Had conversation with CalFire, will be a slog. Even if ask CalFire to comment, nothing to comment on, they have no idea what they're going to put up there, other than they're trying to nail down the land.

Newhouser: That's the issue, that is an important part of the wildlife corridor.

Gorin: They know that, we've had those conversations, with the county, with Richard, with John. All in conversation on that.

Newhouser: Know that our purview is limited regarding land use, if we were to discuss it, or come up with position paper, need to get your permission.

Gorin: So premature.

Newhouser: But if they're securing the land, that is on the shorter horizon right?

Gorin: Someone at the state is informing that, not necessarily CalFire.

Newhouser: Just a suggestion.

Dickey: Let it coalesce a little bit.

Gorin: Too late to jumping in there to say don't do that, move it. Too early to pin them down and say what facilities are you going to put where. They are going to have to do an EIR on their impacts. Be able to get better idea as it goes forward.

Newhouser: Maybe I'll talk to you later about some of the ideas.

Gorin: Call me, we can have a conversation, told you the extent of my information.

Newhouser: It was an alternative, don't know if it's too late.

Gorin: Too late for alternatives.

Eagles: Any other agenda ideas?

Dickey: I think having the planner come in and address us would be interesting.

Horowitz: Do we know if Jack London State Park has plans for Camp Villa?

Gorin: Land was given to state parks. Operating agreement with Jack London I don't think has happened yet, as well as Regional Parks. Way too premature. Maybe Jack London Park Partners has some idea about what they want to see, don't have title to the land or operational authority for the land yet.

Dickey: Are those plans subject to public hearing once the transfer has taken place?

Gorin: Above my pay grade.

Newhouser: Does raise some concerns. In Kenwood Press, teasingly ask, glamping? As soon as you see that, you see tons of traffic, can get really weird and inappropriate really fast.

Gorin: Given State Parks concern about Transcendence Theater, don't see them embracing the concept of glamping. Think it's good to think about, can have informal conversations with Matt Leffert, have they had conversations with State Parks. A lot of things I'm not privy to.

Newhouser: To connect back to Matt's question, could we create our own public process by having it be a topic of discussion, ask State Parks to come in, ask the public to come in, listen and comment.

Gorin: You can try, my experience that State Parks doesn't say a word unless Wade Crowfoot or the State Parks Director.

Newhouser: But we can try?

Gorin: You can try, but they will tell you, no. I actually think it's more productive to talk to Matt, what have you heard from State Parks.

Eagles: Maybe I'm naïve, it would take some doing to make that a going concern.

Newhouser: Could be a moneymaker, could be a lot of incentive.

Gorin: From the very beginning, State Parks has never been creative, innovative, looking for money raising opportunities. Their traditional mission is maintaining activities appropriate for a park. Jack London Park Partners may have some ideas, don't think glamping.

Peña: Maybe stick to the topic, future topics.

Gorin: Real question is, the developer of SDC has not had conversation with either Jack London Park Partners or Regional Parks about any access points from the campus to the various parks. That to me is more concerning than what may happen at Camp Villa. Can say the developer submitted what he thinks is the last proposal as a builder's remedy, that's going to significantly limit the community ability to comment on it and rearrange it. Permit Sonoma has not accepted that as the final proposal, has not been deemed complete, that application.

Eagles: That brings up some questions.

Gorin: Probably will be a release of information from Permit Sonoma at some point in the future, I haven't even seen the plan.

Eagles: Any other ideas? Online?

No public comment.

9. Adjourn

Resolution

Motion:

First: Peña

Second: Dickey

Meeting adjourned: 7:58pm

COMMITMENT TO CIVILITY: The North Sonoma Valley Municipal Advisory Council has adopted rules of procedures which include a commitment to civility. To assure civility in its public meetings, the public is encouraged to engage in respectful dialog that supports freedom of speech and values diversity of opinion. Councilmembers, staff, and members of the public are expected to establish and maintain a cordial and respectful atmosphere during discussions; and foster meaningful dialogue free of personal attacks. Members of the public must also adhere to the speaking time limit.

Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the North Valley Municipal Advisory Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Board of Supervisors' Office located at 575 Administration Drive, Room 100-A, Santa Rosa, CA, during normal business hours.

Note: Consideration of agenda items will proceed as follows:

1. Presentation
2. Questions by Councilmembers
3. Questions and comments from the public
4. Response by presenter, if required
5. Comments by Councilmembers
6. Resolution, if indicated

Web Links: <https://sonomacounty.ca.gov/North-Valley-Municipal-Advisory-Council/>